Thursday, August 12, 2010

Homemade French Toast!

So the other day I decided I wanted some french toast! I tried to make it, and.. EPIC FAIL! X0 The bread fell apart in the pan and was frying, it was insane. x0 My mom decided to help me out and I watched her make French toast and now have a solid recipe for future tries!

Photobucket
(Picture from Google)


Ingredients:
~ Bread
~ 2 Eggs
~ 2 TB Milk
~ Quarter cap full of Vanilla
~ 10 shakes of Cinnamon
~ 2 shakes of Nutmeg
~ 1/3 cup oil
~ Syrup

Steps:
Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a flat tray (like a pie plate), then dip the bread until it's covered in the mixture. Put a pan on Medium heat with the oil in the pan, wait for it to heat a while and then put the bread in and cook until brown. Then cover it with whatever you want from fruit to tasty syrup! Hurrah for french toast!! ^_^

Love,

Lizzie

3 comments:

  1. I love french toast! Extra cinnamon for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words and the early birthday wishes :) And thank you for being a long time reader - it means more than you know!

    I see that you're enrolled in culinary arts school yourself- Good luck with all of your classes, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

    I was looking through your blog and I enjoyed seeing all of the restaurants and places you've been to - I'll have to blog about 'Dylans' and 'Peanut Butter & Co' real soon! Let me know if you know of any other cool restaurants, or food hot spots that i should know about!!

    Thanks again Lizzie :)

    p.s. I'll def try the brownie clif bar with ice cream on top real soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love French toast! I always forget how good it is.

    ReplyDelete