Monday, September 13, 2010

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies... oh my! : )

Hey everyone! I FINALLY found dark chocolate cocoa powder! I was so excited I came right back to my dorm and whipped up these amazing dark chocolate peanut butter cookies! I literally ate ten of them by myself, they are that good!

(Recipe found at: http://jennymacslipsmack.blogspot.com/2009/07/marriage-made-in-heaven.html ) : )

Photobucket

You'll need:

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder)
2 tsps. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup lightly salted peanuts

NOW!:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and get a cookie sheet that is non stick (or use parchment paper like I did!)

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

Photobucket

3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir (with all your might!) in the two different chips, and the peanuts. Then form into desired scoops and place about two inches apart on the cookie sheet. (I did two batched with six large cookies, and one batch with 12 smaller cookies)

Photobucket

4. Bake for 12-15 minutes (original said 9-11 but my oven must suck because it took about 12 to 15 minutes for mine!) , should still be soft in center (and gooey!). Let the cookies rest in the fridge for about five to seven minutes or else they will go everywhere! (I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned that kitchen. x0)

Photobucket

Now ENJOY!! : )

Photobucket

(Yummm sugar!) ^_^

Love you all!

Lizzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment